FULL BOOKING FORM AVAILABLE HERE
Conditions for the Hire of Smedmore House
- A non-refundable deposit of one third of the total rent must be sent with the booking form. No contract exists until we have received the full deposit and a signed booking form and we have confirmed your booking in writing. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without reason. The balance must be paid 30 days before the start of the letting. If payment is not made on time we reserve the right to cancel the booking when usual cancellation terms shall apply.
- All cancellations must be in writing, the booking deposit is forfeited and if cancellation is made less than 30 days before the start of the letting you remain liable for the full balance of hire. If subsequently the property is re-let during the same period the balance, if already paid, will be refunded less an administration charge. The booking deposit is not refundable. We strongly recommend you take out Cancellation Insurance.
- Smedmore shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is cau
sed by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your holiday.
- Breakage and telephone deposits, where required, must be paid with the final balance and will be refunded less any charges for breakages and telephone, after the end of the holiday. This deposit can be in the form of a cheque, which will not be cashed unless damage is done or extra cleaning is needed. Should the charges exceed the deposit you are responsible for the outstanding balance.
- Arrival time is normally after 3pm on the first day of rental. Check out time is 10am. However, for a weekend booking, check out time is 3pm on Sunday afternoon.
- This contract is fora holiday and is not intended to create the relationship of landlord and tenant between us.
- You have booked for holiday house rental only. Venue hire and any other use of the house and grounds for celebrations, parties, and other events and activities is subject to further permission and agreement and is not allowed under the terms of this rental.
- Dogs are not normally permitted but if permission is granted, must be kept under proper control at all times and never left unattended in the property. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture or in the first floor rooms and no other pets are allowed.
- If the number of persons occupying the property exceeds the numbers stipulated (16 sleeping & 20 for any meal) the owner reserves the right to refuse entry or evict the entire party.
- The property will be used for personal and domestic purposes only.
- Before your arrival the property has been thoroughly cleaned and serviced. All bed linen and towels are included and a full linen change will be provided free of charge once a week. However, cot linen is not provided.
- Domestic help is sometimes available from Mondays to Fridays for cleaning, tidying and bed making as an optional extra payable directly to the freelance provider. Cooks and housekeepers can also be arranged providing that you give ample notice. If they are to live-in they will need their own room and full board and costs can be discussed when you make your booking.
- You must take all reasonable care of the property and its contents and leave them in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your tenancy. Inadvertent minor breakages or damage will not normally be charged for, but you are legally bound to reimburse the owner for replacement or repair costs or any extra cleaning on demand.
- The condition of the property is the responsibility of the owner but the owner cannot be held liable for events beyond his control, such as mechanical breakdown, storm damage, failure of public services or sudden invasion of pests, which there has been no time to rectify.
- Nor is the owner responsible for any accident, loss, injury, expense, inconvenience or damage sustained by any member of a hiring party or to their property, vehiclesor personal effects, however caused. The owner reserves the right for himself or his agent to enter a property at reasonable times, with workmen if necessary, to carry out inspections and repairs.
- You must take responsibility for the safety of your children.
- You must report any complaints to the administrator or the owner’s land agent within 24 hours of arrival and immediately confirm it in writing. We will then take whatever corrective action necessary.
- The House is not generally suitable for Stag and Hen Parties.
- There is strictly no smoking allowed inside Smedmore House.
- No fireworks or Chinese Lanterns are permitted.
- You must show consideration to the environment and to our neighbours in all matters and especially with regard to noise in the late evening and early morning. No music systems should be set up outside the house. After 11pm the terraces and gardens should be used as quiet areas with all loud music playing inside the house limited so that it cannot be heard outside.