Recent Guests have said:-
24th Sept 2016 A huge thank you for the most wonderful wedding weekend possible! We loved staying here again and can’t wait to visit again. Many thanks to Julie also for welcoming us and helping out with everything. Simply amazing!
9th October We love coming here every year and seeing all the renovations and changes.. The house is beautiful as always and Julie is most kind to all of us!
9-11 Sept 2016 Purbeck in all its variety. Instant home for a family wedding. Special thanks to Julie, Laura and Team. Living a dream! Clavell Tower Open Day too! Extra wedding photos. Ian Jackason the wonderful vicar at church Knowle. Appreciation to everyone for such an opportunity to explore Mansel history too.
26-29 August 2016 The perfect place for a wedding. Thank you so much. It could not have been more wonderful.
12-14th August 2016 An amazing house, beautiful gardens, wonderful wedding Day. Fantastic company. Had a ball. Amazing heritage.
8-12th August 2016 The perfect venue to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. A week we will always remember. Superb week at this amazing house with wonderful friends celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary.
7th August 2016 Superb weekend. Beautiful views. Glorious weather. Wonderful location and truly spectacular house and grounds. All combined to make a completely memorable occasion. Thanks for all your help. It was great .
1-5th August 2016 An honour to be allowed to stay in this magnificent property! We have had a wonderful week. Extremely comfortable accommodation – crisp bedlinen and what views to wake up to! The front lawn provided an ideal rounders and football pitch with croquet in the walled garden. A truly calm and peaceful haven from busy life!
Many thanks to Julie and Team for their friendly welcome and reassuring to know they were on hand if needed. Many thanks.
31st July 2016 What a fantastic location. Julie was incredible, marvellous wedding with friends and family, gospel singers, vicar sincere, flowers wonderful (straight from Tanzania), speeches exceptional, all ended in drunken fun, then a relaxing day to recover.
23rd July 2016 What a wonderful place – the transformation in a year is amazing. It has been the most amazing weekend – we couldn’t have asked for a nicer setting, plus the weather was an added bonus. Thank you Julie for everything.
4th June 2016 A huge thank you from both families for what has been the most perfect wedding weekend for Dan and Abi. This really is a little piece of heaven and we will never forget either the comfort and peace of the house and the location or the wonderful hospitality of Julie who looked after us so well. PS We could stay forever!
What can I say – a most beautiful house and garden for my niece’s wedding. I had a wonderful stay and Julie and the rest of the people looking after this magnificent house were fabulous. Thank you so much.
Lovely house – lived in but not care-worn, clean but not sterile – loved but not smothered. Smedmore and those that look after you, it was a privilege to visit. Thank you.
31st May 2016 We have had the most magical wedding at Smedmore House. I can’t begin to describe the pure beauty of the house and gardens and how very special it was to be able to celebrate and exchange our vows in the gardens. Julie is warm, friendly and so accommodating for all friends and family. This has without doubt become our very, very special place. Thank you.
Staying here has been a wonderful experience. Such a beautiful location and a lovely house full of character – we enjoyed exploring and the only disappointment was that we didn’t find a secret passage! Best of all – the lovely staff who helped make our stay special. Thanks! XXXX Wedding July 2015
- Smedmore en famille! English cuisine and Purbeck delicatessen, the Fossils Museum inauguration, long walks, croquet and outdoors games. What bliss for everyone. French guest July 2015
- What an amazing place and moment, simply amazing! Guest July 2015
- Perfect! As always…..cannot wait to come back. July 2015
- Simply amazing! Staying here has been a great experience. Bride & Groom July 201
- A fab weekend to celebrate Christine’s 60th birthday. I liked EVERYTHING. Fabulous house, amazing surroundings and most importantly great company! Weekend June 2015
- What a wonderful lovely surprise weekend at Smedmore House with all my great family for my “special birthday. I will never forget all the great memories. Xx Weekend June 2015
- What a special place for a very special wedding! Such an authentic country family home, which was the best fit for our very large family. We have spent a wonderful few days and hope to be back soon. Staff (Julie) was very friendly and so accommodating. Gorgeous garden which is so well maintained and pleasant to hang around all day. We’ll be back!!!!! Wedding June 2015
- “Thank you – our wedding here has been just perfect. Stunning house and gardens. We couldn’t have asked for anything more. We are honoured ot have been your first wedding ceremony here.” Mr & Mrs M June 2015
- “What a wonderful house!! We loved our stay and the location. Felt like being at home (albeit a grand one!)” JW May 2015
- “Thank you for a wonderful time here; so grateful for all your efforts on our special day.” RM April 2015
- “What a wonderful house – we have had just the best weekend in perfect sunshine” March 2015
- “Thanks so much for having us! We had an awesome weekend. What a fantastic house this is! Hope to visit again.” March 2015
- “A fabulous couple of days – great company, fine wine, amazing food and unique surroundings. Feels like a real home – a living museum in many ways – Absolutely loved it.” 31 Jan
- “A beautiful house that was perfect for a weekend of birthday celebrations. It couldn’t have been better. The location is stunning and the house was lovely. We’d definitely come back though.” Jan 2015 SD
- “Absolutely amazing place to spend my 50th birthday. Wonderful environment to be with good friends. A very, very special place that will not be forgotten.” KA Jan 2015
- “An absolute delight – authentically decorated, warm, inviting and beautifully atmospheric. I loved staying here and the homely feel of it all. Good amenities, beautiful grounds. I love the furniture and the living rooms.” New Year 2015 AP
- “The house was really perfect for us and the location absolutely beautiful – we were so lucky with the weather all weekend and enjoyed several stunning walks on the cliff paths. We just had the best time and particularly enjoyed the big log fires to play after dinner party games by. It was all magical!” KB Dec 2014.
- “We had a great weekend. It is really a great place to stay and our parents were very humbled to stay in such a magnificent home to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary! Many thanks for all your help and we will definitely recommend the place to others.” SK Oct 2014
- “Everyone loved the house, had a wonderful time, and I had a really good birthday down there!” CS Sept 2014
- “What a magical place. Thank you for making our dreams come true.” Mr & Mrs S April 2014
- “Smedmore is a magical place to spend Christmas.” – RJ, December 2013
- “Wonderful weather, wonderful location the weekend was perfect. Great to have my Family together in this beautiful House.” – S&K W, August 2013
- “We feel so lucky to have seen the very best of late Spring at Smedmore – Bluebells, Campion, Wild Garlic, Cow Parsley, Lambs, Mustard Fields – it is a form of Paradise. With all our thanks.” – CG, April 2013
- “Fantastic House, lovely to share your family heritage with us for a week. We adored the area and the beaches.” – MW, September 2012
- “A fabulous house,and surroundings. Thank you very much for making this weekend so very special.” – IO, August 2012
- “A huge pleasure and a privilege to be able to enjoy such magnificence, both inside and outside the house. We will return.” – LP, August 2012
- “The house is so peaceful and relaxed, it is so homely” – DJ, April 2014