Smedmore House is a very special, exclusive seaside wedding venue Dorset. This beautiful eighteenth century manor house is the perfect setting for Weddings and Civil Ceremonies.
Hidden away in the Dorset countryside, among rolling hills with sweeping views to the sea, the timeless beauty and friendly atmosphere of Smedmore House helps create an unbelievably romantic, magical and memorable occasion.
Smedmore is licensed for Civil Ceremonies. These can take place either in one of 6 elegant rooms inside the house or in the grounds. Since the recent change in the law, many couples prefer to make their vows in the Avenue with its views to the sea or in the Walled Garden.
Marquee Site at this seaside wedding venue Dorset
The lawn at the front of the house makes an excellent marquee site against the backdrop of the Georgian house and with extensive sea views to the side. And for your drinks reception, the walled garden beside the house offers a delightfully sheltered spot among the many exotic plants.
Options at this seaside wedding venue Dorset
There are many different options available when planning your special day at Smedmore House.
- Ceremony in Smedmore House(up to 60 guests)
- Ceremony in Summer House: (unlimited)
- Civil Ceremony elsewhere in the grounds (unlimited)
- Drinks Reception in Walled Garden
- Drinks Reception in front of the house.
- Marquee Reception on front lawn
- Accommodation for up to 16 people in the house
- Additional accommodation for 6 people in Garden Wing
- Accommodation in new Penthouse Suite for bride and groom (or anyone else!)
- And where to take your photographs? On the beach, in the house, on the stairs, in the garden. The possibilities are endless.
For your honeymoon, if you are lucky and you plan far enough in advance, you might just be able to book Clavell Tower, the historic building on Kimmeridge Bay that has starred in so many films.
The video below will give you a great overview of how a summer wedding looks like at Smedmore house!