Smedmore House is a very special, exclusive Dorset manor house for Weddings and Civil Ceremonies.
Hidden away in the Dorset countryside, among rolling hills with sweeping views to the sea, the timeless beauty and friendly atmosphere of Smedmore House helps create an unbelievably romantic, magical and memorable occasion.
The video below will give you a great overview of how a wedding looks like at Smedmore house!
Smedmore is licensed for Civil Ceremonies. These can take place either in one of 5 elegant rooms inside the house – the Front Hall, Dining Room, Drawing Room, Cedar Room and Inner Hall -or outside in the grounds. The Summer House in the Walled Garden has a licence but many couples prefer to make their vows in the avenue with its views to the sea – and then to do the formalities inside the house.
The lawn at the front of the house makes an excellent marquee site with the backdrop of the Georgian house and with sea views to the side. The walled garden to the side of the house offers a delightfully sheltered spot for your drinks reception among the many exotic plants.
There are many different options available when planning your special day at Smedmore House.
- Civil Ceremony in Smedmore House(up to 60 guests)
- Civil Ceremony in Summer House: (unlimited)
- Ceremony elsewhere in the grounds
- Drinks Reception in Walled Garden
- Drinks Reception in front of the house.
- Marquee Reception on front lawn
- Accommodation for up to 16 people in the house
- And where to take your photographs? On the beach, in the house, on the stairs, in the garden. The possibilities are endless.
And for your honeymoon, if you are lucky and you plan far enough in advance, you might just be able to book Clavell Tower, the historic building on Kimmeridge Bay that has starred in so many films.